Saraswatimahabhagevidye kamala locane Viswarupivisalaksividyamdehisaraswati
(“O highly exalted Goddess of Learning, O lotus-eyed Saraswati, O you, who exists in various forms, and who has large eyes, grant us the boon of knowledge.”)
Objectives and Tasks
1. To involve the community in its constant struggle to return to our land in Kashmir with dignity and honour, in a secure environment and on terms which are acceptable to us, the Kashmiri Pandit diaspora, spread globally.
2. While living in forced displacement, assist every single community organization by all means at our disposal to enable them to:
- Protect our socio-cultural traditions
- Conduct our unique religious ceremonies.
- Protect and maintain our iconic religious sites in Kashmir.
- .Help in providing medical care, economic and educational assistance.
3. Create lines of communication with our left-over community members in Kashmir, living in a hostile environment in difficult circumstances. Keep these lines of communication open and render whatever assistance is required by them and can be provided by AIKS.
4. Stand by all commitments/resolutions passed by AIKS in the past. However, since neither time nor circumstances stay still, the action taken and our policies will be dictated by the dynamics of the changing environment and in consultation with our community.
5.Try to maximize the output of all KP organizations by acting as a coordinator and a bridge between them and to ensure that our numerous organizations do not work at cross purposes to the detriment of our community.
- Make efforts to get every KP organization, the world over, to affiliate with AIKS. Treat no organization as an outcaste, even if not affiliated to AIKS.
- Get the youth involved in community activities, individually/ collectively; either as part of AIKS or as a separate group.
Protect the autonomy of all KP organizations.
- Adopt a pro-active stance on issues dealing with Jammu and Kashmir State, particularly of Kashmir.
- Make maximum use of IT in reaching out to our world-wide diaspora; this will involve updating our web site and extensive use of social media.
- Turn NAAD into a true voice of Kashmiri Pandits by enlarging its base of subscribers and further improving its content and look.
- Have periodical meetings of KP organizations in NCR and at Jammu on issues of concern to us.
- AIKS should only get involved in Strategic matters, leaving the tactical freedom of action to the affiliates.
- Treat all Kashmiri Pandits, including those who had left the Valley earlier (called old Kashmiri Pandits) as part of our larger community diaspora. AIKS will make concerted efforts to get them on board.
- In order to broad-base the organization, get more people to become Life members of AIKS with voting rights. The election to the post of President will then reflect broader participation and acceptability.
- The task of amending the AIKS Constitution, which had been taken on by a committee, needs to be brought to fruition.
- All the court cases taken up by AIKS will be followed vigorously in consultation with our esteemed team of lawyers.
- Will work closely and in a cooperative manner with Koshur Sumchar, with regard to Shakti Nagar Project, for the benefit of our community.
- AIKS will make serious efforts to make its presence felt in Jammu region.All projects at Jammu, being conducted by AIKS, will receive added impetus.
- Make financial viability of AIKS a reality by raising resources from various sources.
- To be known as the apex organization of our global affiliates, AIKS has to prove worthy of that exalted status. Therefore, AIKS will have to work with total dedication and a sense of purpose.
Remember: Organization is always bigger than an individual.