A delegation from AIKS comprising of Sh. Vijay Kashkari, Vice President, Sh. Sanjay Sapru, Treasurer and Sunil Kaul, Secretary called on Sh. Dineshwar Sharma Interlocutor for J&K on 10th July 2019, in his office chambers.
The meeting which lasted for about forty-five minutes, all the points submitted were discussed in length and Interlocutor’s inquiries were replied to his satisfaction. Before opening the discussion, the delegation gave a formal introduction of AIKS and presented a paper on AIKS aims & objectives. He was presented with the vision document of AIKS.
The Interlocutor gave a patient hearing to the delegation and assured to take up the listed issues. The listed key issues for immediate action from the government are enumerated below:
1. Safety & dignified living facilities to the employees employed under PM package in the valley.
2. Passage of Temples & Shrines Bill for the protection & restoration of these centers of heritage & faith.
3. Political Empowerment to protect & preserve our Ethnic Identity.
4. Revival of Kashmir Valley Heritage Centres so that these transform from abandoned centres into dynamic community centres for yatra, festivals & repositions of historical past glory.
5. Creation of a centre of Excellence at Jagati Township to mainstream Jagati Youth via institutions so that they become meritorious students & future leaders of our community.
6. Grant of minority status to Kashmiri Pandits along with adequate representation of Kashmiri Pandit Community in State Legislature and Civic bodies of Jammu & Kashmir.
7. Rehabilitation of the community in the valley in “Satellite Township”