Registration of bonafide migrants for the purpose of issuance of domicile certificate
Kashmiri Hindus (Pandits) is a minority of the Kashmir Valley, but, the numbers of the minority is not identified. We claim to be 2.50 Lakh to 07 Lakh. Indian State has computed us to be 39576 families all over India. At Jammu 39576 families, totaling to 134845 persons, registered with Relief & Rehabilitation Commissioner (Migrant) Jammu.
For our social, economic and political justice, we should be counted correctly. The Government of Jammu & Kashmir has given us a chance through Government Order No. 52-JK (DMRRR) Dated: 16-05-2020 to be enumerated in numbers accurately.
Highlights of the Government Order
- Any person who is registered as a migrant by Relief & Rehabilitation Commissioner (Migrant) Jammu in the Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir shall be eligible to be treated as a domicile for the purposes of the said Act.
- Those bonafide persons who are not registered with the Relief & Rehabilitation Commissioner (Migrant) Jammu, (maybe registered somewhere else or left out of registration) a procedure is provided for registration of such migrants, for the purpose of getting domicile certificate only.
- Relief & Rehabilitation Commissioner (Migrant) Jammu shall be the competent authority for the purpose of registration.
- Any one of the following certificates of the applicant is valid for registration.
- Copy of the Permanent Resident Certificate of the applicant or his parents or grandparents issued by a competent authority.
- Copy of the Electoral Roll for the year 1951, showing the name of the applicant or his parents /grandparents.
- Copy of the Electoral Roll for the year 1988, showing the name of the applicant or his parents /grandparents.
- Proof of working in an autonomous body or any entity fully or partially owned by the government of Jammu & Kashmir before or after migration on 01-11-1989.
- Proof of owning or possessing immovable property in any part of Jammu & Kashmir on or before 14th May 1944.
- Proof of registration as a migrant of Jammu & Kashmir with any competent authority.
- Proof of having any documentation which would have made the person eligible to obtain PRC of J & K before 06-08-2019.
This opportunity of registration for the purpose of obtaining domicile certificate shall be open only for a period of one year, from the issuance of the Order 52-JK (DMRRR) of 2020.
Hereunder find in chronological order, the procedure to register as Migrant with Relief & Rehabilitation Commissioner (Migrant) Jammu
- Browse website www.jkmigrantrelief.nic.in
- Find on top of the page Applicant login
- Register for login creating a user name and password
- Log in for new application
- Click Migrant
- Fill in the details of the Head of the Family
- Two addresses are asked, one the permanent and the other the present address, wherein you are residing presently. The permanent address should be the same as on the document, you are submitting.
- Add on other members of the family with details, as asked.
- Upload any of the documents, listed above (PDF Format). Upload photograph of the head of the family (JPG Format). Upload signature of the head of family (JPG Format). (total three documents)
- Save the application and submit.
- Note down the application number.
Before filling the application form, the full details of all the members of the family, their Aadhar numbers, photo of the head of the family, his signatures and proof of bonafide resident of Kashmir should be kept ready.
Issuance of Domicile Certificate to the bonafide residents of Jammu & Kashmir Vide Notification S. O. 166. Dated 18th of May, 2020 and S. O. 263 Dated 25th August, 2020.
Procedure for Migrants (as per 3A (1) (b) of the Jammu and Kashmir Civil Services (Decentralisation and Recruitment) Act, 2010.
Domicile Certificate will be granted by the competent authority, (Relief & Rehabilitation Commissioner (Migrant) Jammu) who is registered as a migrant by the Relief & Rehabilitation Commissioner (Migrant) Jammu as per the procedure prescribed by the government for migrants and children of migrants.
- Check over website jk.gov.in
- Register as Citizen (Citizen Registration)
- Fill in the Citizen Registration Form (Applicant has to upload the passport size scan photo (JPEG image) in the clear background of size less than 50KB. Enter user ID and password to be used for login.
- After login, click on the e-service tab, domicile.
- Fill in the details.
- Upload certificate of registration of migrant.
- Submit the application and note down the application number for future reference.
For any grievances, the Appellate Authority is Financial Commissioner, Revenue.
IT Cell, AIKS